Post Number: 4
|Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 10:14 pm: ||
After we have made a comparison between Kidney Transplant and Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, I want to introduce you another advanced technology Stem Cell Transplant. This technology has been proven that its therapeutic effect is efficient. Although this is not a unique technology which belongs to our hospital, Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital is one of the earliest hospitals to adopt this technology. We have abundant clinical experience to treat kidney diseases. Here are the comparison between Kidney Transplant and Stem Cell Transplant as follows.
Disadvantages of Kidney Transplant
1. Pain and Discomfort of Surgery
Although you will not likely experience any pain during the actual surgery, it is very common to experience pain and discomfort immediate following the procedure. Pain killers are often given to help minimize the pain.
2. Difficult to mach
Patients have to wait for long time to get blood match, some of them will wait for several years. This leads to deterioration of disease.
3. Risk of Rejection
There is no way to 100% guarantee that a transplanted kidney will take and that your body will accept it.
4. Frequent Medical Needs
After receiving a transplant, you will need to make frequent visits to check in with your physician. Anti-rejection drugs may also cause problems that may require you to be hospitalized.
5. Weakened Immune System
Your body may lose the ability to fight off certain infections, some of which may be life threatening. This is another reason why frequent trips to your physician are imperative after being the recipient of a kidney transplant.
6. Conditions Caused by Prescription Drugs
Some patients may experience visual cataracts, arthritis, and in some cases even cancer (the most common type being a type of skin cancer that is usually easily treatable) due to drugs that are prescribed in the wake of kidney transplantation.
It is quite common for kidney transplant patients to experience ongoing anxiety, mostly rooted in the fear of losing function of the newly transplanted kidney and having to then return to another type of dialysis.
Advantages of Stem Cell Transplant
1. Stem cells have strong potentials of proliferation and multi-directional differentiation. It can produce a large number of offspring or differentiate into various cells the body needs.
2. It can restrain the proliferation of T cells and the immune reaction by cellular interaction and producing cell factors so as to play the roles of rebuilding immune system.
3. Stem cells are easy to collect, separate, cultivate, amplify and purify. Besides, they still have the primary features of the stem cells after many times passage and augmentation.
4. No immune rejection and no need blood matching. Stem Cells have low immunogenicity. Because the cells are in primary stage, they are not easy to tell. Therefore, there is no problem of immune rejection or blood matching.
this article is from http://www.renalfailuresite.com/stem_cell/293.html