Join Our Mailing List
Email:
Visit our blog  Find us on Google+  Find us on Pinterest  Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter

Safe Eggs
Log Out | Topics | Edit Profile
Forum Archive

Orchid Photos Revisited Log Out | Topics | Register | Edit Profile

TransplantBuddies.org Forums » Join our Facebook Community » Orchid Photos Revisited « Previous Next »

Thread Original Poster Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Orchid of the Day March 17th, 2011LadyDiCiscoKidney0712-16-11  09:42 am
My Newly Adopted Orchid Family SunshineGurlKate/Jeremy's Mom12-16-11  07:30 am
Orchid of the Day March 11, 2011LadyDiKate/Jeremy's Mom12-16-11  07:14 am
Orchid of the Day April 17th, 2011LadyDiKate/Jeremy's Mom12-16-11  07:01 am
Orchid of the Day March 8 2011LadyDiKate/Jeremy's Mom12-16-11  06:56 am
Orchid of the Day March 6 2011LadyDiKate/Jeremy's Mom12-16-11  06:49 am
  Start New Thread          

LadyDi
Forum Leader
Username: Ladydi

Post Number: 2522
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 03:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Well Cisco has been buggin' the heck out of me to restart the orchid photo thread.
The summer weather really cooperated this year and we do have some real beauties blooming.

Lc. Molly Tyler:

Blc Canyon Roayl 'Future Star' X Blc Tribute 'Independence Day':

C. Steven O Fouraker Elmhurst. Note how big the flower is in comparison to my hand!

This is one of my favorites. Lc Charles Fetterman X bowringiana

Kidney Donor to Husband 10/30/07
Forum Leader-Living Organ Donation
Barnes Jewish Hospital St. Louis, Mo

My Donation Story

Post Donation Things to consider

I walk slowly, but I never walk backward - Abraham Lincoln
Hostess Meagan
Forum Leader
Username: Newheart14

Post Number: 1664
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

LadyDi,

These are so beautiful. I like the white one with the purple center. I love irises and I think orchids look like irises. My mother's name was Iris.

Thanks for posting.

Meagan
Forum Leader
Heart-Liver Transplant - February 14, 2008
Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy 1991 and CHF

- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept trying when there seemed to be no hope at all - Dale Carnegie
- Bumps in the road can sometimes be mountains, so I have learned to climb mountains - Meagan

papillonbleu
Forum Leader
Username: Papillonbleu

Post Number: 1819
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I am so glad to see pictures of your orchids popping up again to the delight of my eyes. They are all so beautiful. I especially like the first one, perhaps because of its different purple shades which make me think of my mother who loves the color purple.
Bobbiejo
Forum Leader-Multivisceral
dx: GERD 1995, gastroparesis 2002, pseudo-obstruction of the bowel 2004
multivisceral transplant, 6 organs, 10/06/05
University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital

Organic Gal
Board Administrator
Username: Rise

Post Number: 15166
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Simple beautiful Lady Di.

I will open up this thread to become a blog and place a folder icon to keep this active. You can click on start a new thread with the name of the different flowers you share. This of course is up to you but you will see the start a new thread feature at the top when you open this up.
Cystic Fibrosis- dx at 2yrs. -2nd double lung tx-05
Debra Fertel MD- Si Pham MD, Professor of Surgery---Jackson Memorial Hospital
Anas Hadeh MD, Cleveland Clinic Cystic Fibrosis Consultant

Join Facebook

Questions- Contact Hostess Rise

My Photos on Transplant Friends

God Bless All Organ Donors
CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader
Username: Gregg

Post Number: 4238
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Sounds good to me, too. I have an orchid in the greenhouse that should have a 5 foot spike when it blooms in February. The flowers are not particularly beautiful as far as shape is concerned, but there should be a ton of them. There are 4 spikes on the plant as we speak!!
There are not too many things in life worth working my butt off for, but my health is one of them
Rita
Forum Leader
Username: Rita

Post Number: 502
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

They are beautiful, takes the frost off the air!! Thanks.
Rita
Kidney Transplant 9/95
New York Hospital, NY
Dr. Wang

Rita's Page on Transplant Friends- see her photos
CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader

Post Number: 4541
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Well, I brought this thread back up so that we could do something with it. Obviously, we need to add to it. Hopefully, it will get done within a few days. If not, I will drag it back to the top to try again. My sweetheart is the one who usually posts the pictures, but maybe she can show a novice. I won't promise names on the stuff I put up, but I don't think that you care too much about that anyway.
There are not too many things in life worth working my butt off for, but my health is one of them

Check out my daily fitness blog postings
Hostess Meagan
Forum Leader
Username: Newheart14

Post Number: 1773
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Glad you resurrected it Cisco. These gorgeous flowers brighten up these last freezing days of winter. Come on Spring!
Forum Leader
Heart-Liver Transplant - February 14, 2008
Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy 1991 and CHF

- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept trying when there seemed to be no hope at all - Dale Carnegie
- Bumps in the road can sometimes be mountains, so I have learned to climb mountains - Meagan

Meagan's Blog
Happy2Bhere
Forum Leader
Username: Happy2bhere

Post Number: 3997
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I truly admire your ability to grow these beautiful flowers.

In fact, I'm a wee bit jealous.

Ol' Bob
Texas Bob
My Organ Donor Tees

Heart Transplant performed Jan 28th 1991
Bod Heart Transplant Story

Happy2Bhere's Blog
Jack R
Forum Leader
Username: Jack_r

Post Number: 356
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Well Di actually we were beating Gregg's ear,, in the chat room to start this post again.
If memory serves me correctly there are thousands of Orchid species.It would a nice way to start each morning with a different Orchid picture being posted. Regardless, thank you for sharing.
Cardiac history going back to 1993. Heart Transplant received in Oct. 2004. Interesting first year and have been very physically active ever since. I currently am pro-active with the SE PA. Gift of Life and a member of Johns Hopkins patient administered Heart Transplant Foundation.

Exercise - look around you and don't tell me you can't -Blog
LadyDi
Forum Leader

Post Number: 2577
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Thanks guys! I have a few photos that I have not yet downloaded, so I will try to get busy this weekend. Great idea, Jack, to post one each day!

My Donation Story

papillonbleu
Forum Leader

Post Number: 1907
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I look forward to each and every one. Thank you so much for sharing.
Bobbiejo

SunshineGurl
Username: Flsunshinegurl

Post Number: 62
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 08:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

WOW, these are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

I just love the dancing ladies, do you grow any of those?
A friend is someone who reaches for your hand but touches your heart
LadyDi
Forum Leader

Post Number: 2578
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Orchid of the Day:

One of the slipper orchids Paphipedalum Incredible X moquetteanum

Just for you, SunshineGurl, Cisco with our prize winning oncidium - thousands of dancing ladies!

My Donation Story

CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader

Post Number: 5007
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I think we need to try this again. Will get some pictures up soon.

LadyDi
Forum Leader

Post Number: 2712
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Okay - I have a couple of a gorgeous plant. Cattleya Everett Dirksen. It is an old style variety that was used was cut flowers and corsages. It smells heavenly! The second photo shows my hand by the flower so you can see exactly how large it is!

My Donation Story

Hostess Rise'
Board Administrator

Post Number: 16787
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Just gorgeous! I think I can smell the scent too.
CF- dx at 2yrs. 2nd double lung tx-05 JMH

Transplant Buddies & Friends on Facebook

Questions-contact
transplantbuddieshelp@gmail.com
CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader

Post Number: 5041
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 08:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

My wife went out yesterday to water orchids. There was an orchid that was "in bud" when she started to water. When I went out to close up our greenhouse this evening, it had bloomed! The suspect in question is Cattleya Portia 'Coerulea'. The coerulea denotes a blue color, but as most people who grow flowers or are exposed to them in business know, there are few 'blue' flowers of any kind. They end up being purple, or in this case lavender. I will coax LadyDi into photographing it and putting it on here for you to see.

Hostess Rise'
Board Administrator

Post Number: 16793
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 10:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Lovely! Take a picture of all your flowers. :-) as a grouping if you can.

Questions-contact
papillonbleu
Forum Leader

Post Number: 2092
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 08:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I love all of the pictures you share. I eagerly anticipate seeing the next one or ones. The Everett Dirksen is certainly lovely and a good appetizer to feast my eyes upon until the next photo. Thank you.
Bobbiejo

LadyDi
Forum Leader

Post Number: 2715
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

This is the plant that bloomed when I had watered it - Cattleya Portia Coerulea. As Cisco mentioned above, it is referred to as a "blue" flower, but in actuality is a pale lavender.

My Donation Story

Hostess Rise'
Board Administrator

Post Number: 16798
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 04:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Beautiful! All of your plants love you

Questions-contact
CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader

Post Number: 5117
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 07:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

We will have many photos to share coming up. A buddy of mine from the orchid society has been spraying for us to keep the bugs off and as a result, we have a bunch of orchids that are blooming. More than usual!!
If you are going through hell, keep going-Winston Churchill

LadyDi
Forum Leader

Post Number: 2732
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

The orchids are just loving the greenhouse this year! This is just a sample of the ones we have blooming. How nice to step into a warm, sunny greenhouse filled with a heavenly fragrance! Enjoy!

LC Molly Tyler:

BLC Malworth Orchid Glad X LC Chinese Red:

SLC Little Fairy Flower Bell:

BLC Momitani Rainbow:

Brassocattleya Binosa Wabash Valley:

The very approporiate Hausermann's Christmas Holiday:

My Donation Story

CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader

Post Number: 5176
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Well, I cannot believe that we have had no responses on these beauts. Some of these are first time shows. That orange cattleya is one helluva flower. The lavender flower that you can see in both the photo with the orange orchid and the spotted one are the same orchid! I think it is the biggest cattleya we have, and that is saying a lot because the first one, Molly Tyler is 33 inches tall, and 43 inches wide, and had about 30 flowers on it this year! Many of these plants are going to have to be divided soon because they are just getting too big for the ;pots that they are in or the potting medium is breaking down. I am also buying some charcoal to add to our bark mix.
If you are going through hell, keep going-Winston Churchill

Hostess Rise'
Board Administrator

Post Number: 16964
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Your orchid photos are magnificent.

Questions-contact
doctor zain
Username: Doctor_zain

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

That's very helpful discussions here, we love to read all posts and thanks for sharing your thoughts and we're hoping to read more from experts. Great and fantastic flower pictures here.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Contact Us
Established 2000 © TransplantBuddies.org