Join Our Mailing List
Email:
Visit our blog  Find us on Google+  Find us on Pinterest  Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter

Safe Eggs
Log Out | Topics | Edit Profile
Forum Archive

Found Out What Was Wrong Log Out | Topics | Register | Edit Profile

TransplantBuddies.org Forums » Join our Facebook Community » Found Out What Was Wrong « Previous Next »
CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader
Username: Gregg

Post Number: 4737
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

When I saw the chiropractor this morning, I found out what the issue with my back was--I have a rib out! All that can be done is for me to take things easy until he can pop it back into place, or it could do so by itself.
There are not too many things in life worth working my butt off for, but my health is one of them

Check out my daily fitness blog postings
Meagan
Forum Leader
Username: Newheart14

Post Number: 1923
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Good grief Gregg! You have been walking around all this time with a dislocated rib? Holy smolies. You are Batman for sure. I guess you don't have any idea how you did that? I sure hope the chiropractor is able to fix it soon so that you can get back into your routine.

I hope LadyDi is feeling better. Whatever are we going to do with the two of you huh?

Feel better both of you.

Meagan
Heart-Liver Transplant - February 14, 2008
TGH, Toronto
Cardiomyopathy 1991/CHF
LadyDi
Forum Leader
Username: Ladydi

Post Number: 2637
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

At least I am off crutches Meagan! I told Gregg we better not meet any bad guys in a dark alley. Between me and my foot and him with his back, we would be toast for sure!
Kidney Donor to Husband 10/30/07
Forum Leader-Living Organ Donation
Barnes Jewish Hospital St. Louis, Mo

My Donation Story

Post Donation Things to consider

I walk slowly, but I never walk backward - Abraham Lincoln
Meagan
Forum Leader

Post Number: 1924
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 04:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

LadiDi,

Remind me, and Nick, to stay away from both of you if the Transplant Buddies' meetings goes ahead as planned next year .. LOL.

Seriously, things do get a little difficult, and scary, when both are down for the count. Happened to us a couple of years ago, but the kids pitched in and oldest son even cooked us a casserole (mommy's recipe) :-). We have great neighbors as well in a pinch, but we hate to ask anyone for help. They looked after plowing/shovelling the snow when I had my transplant and Nick's car got buried, and they also came over and cut the grass when Nick had knee surgery.

Take care both of you.

Meagan
TGH, Toronto
Cardiomyopathy 1991/CHF
CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader

Post Number: 4739
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

The massage therapist was surprised that I still have full motion of my arm, but I do. As you well know, Meagan, us transplant people are a little tougher than we look. As far as bad guys in a dark alley, Batman knows how to take care of them, too.
There are not too many things in life worth working my butt off for, but my health is one of them

CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader

Post Number: 4740
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Also, my arm does not hurt but a little, and only when she threatens me with her crutches.

CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader

Post Number: 4758
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

As if having problems with my back was not enough.....I feel like I have something like a splinter in my big toe of my right foot....waiting for a call from the doctor about seeing me today. #$%^!

Meagan
Forum Leader

Post Number: 1946
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Whatever are we going to do with you Batman? You do contract the weirdest ailments. Hope they don't have to cut your toe off.

Seriously, I wish you well and I hope you get that ribbed popped back without pain.

How is your wonderful wife doing? Is she still beating you with her crutches?
TGH, Toronto
Cardiomyopathy 1991/CHF
CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader

Post Number: 4759
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Doctor could not find anything, so they took an x-ray. What a waste of a good day.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Contact Us
Established 2000 © TransplantBuddies.org