Join Our Mailing List
Email:
Visit our blog  Find us on Google+  Find us on Pinterest  Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter

Safe Eggs
Log Out | Topics | Edit Profile
Forum Archive

Sometimes we have to speak up to make... Log Out | Topics | Register | Edit Profile

TransplantBuddies.org Forums » Join our Facebook Community » Sometimes we have to speak up to make a change! For those in the US « Previous Next »
Rita
Forum Leader
Username: Rita

Post Number: 720
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 09:13 pm:
I try not to post on subjects like the one below, however sometimes I just can't remain quiet. My letter to Mr. President.. Please feel free to post it, or copy and paste it. Sometimes we have share to make a change!

Hello Mr. President, I realize that a chance of you ever reading this letter is slim to none. However, as an American and proud to be one I feel compelled to write you on subjects that touch so many American's lives.
Mr. President, Please do not give in and cut Social Security or Medicare. I can tell you as one person out of so many who has needed this system my story. When I was 7 I lost both of my parents and thank goodness for the social security checks, for my extended family who took me into their home could use those checks for me. I went on to get a BA in Education and became a teacher of children of special needs. When I was 34 I went into kidney failure, went on dialysis and thanks to our country there was Medicare. Three years later I received a kidney transplant and went back to teaching after one year. I handed back my social security checks that I didnít want to cash them because I was working. I have been working since 1996. Please sir do not let these two programs be on the table because without them there is a rippling effect. Where would I have been without these programs and there are so many out there who are just like me! Please sir take Medicare and Social Security off the table, for it offers many American's the chance to make this country the wonderful country we know it is-- We take care of our own and it truly has a rippling effect--look at my life! Thank you. Rita
Rita
Kidney Transplant 9/95
New York Hospital, NY
Dr. Wang

Rita's Page on Transplant Friends- see her photos

Lessons of Hope, Love and Kindness blog

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Contact Us
Established 2000 © TransplantBuddies.org