Join Our Mailing List
Email:
Visit our blog  Find us on Google+  Find us on Pinterest  Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter

Safe Eggs
Log Out | Topics | Edit Profile
Forum Archive

There Is A Reason They Are Called Sup... Log Out | Topics | Register | Edit Profile

TransplantBuddies.org Forums » Join our Facebook Community » There Is A Reason They Are Called Support Forums « Previous Next »
CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader
Username: Gregg

Post Number: 4877
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 08:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

We all try to be supportive of each other because we are all going through many of the same issues. We can learn much from each other because of this fact. I know that sometimes, I get a little carried away when I start talking about exercise and what good it has done for me. I know that not everyone would have the same results. I apologize to anyone who felt slighted by my posts.That was not my intention. I just know how much better I feel and how much more control I feel that I have over my blood sugar and other vitals that affect my life. I feel that I should pass on any information that I think is relevant in a person's life with respect to our transplants. I am glad to be on this site and to have met such a great bunch of people who can relate to what I go through on a daily basis. God bless you all!
There are not too many things in life worth working my butt off for, but my health is one of them

Check out my daily fitness blog postings
Happy2Bhere
Forum Leader
Username: Happy2bhere

Post Number: 4252
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Cisco, keep on keepin' on. You're doing just fine with your exercise posts. I enjoy them.

Ol' Bob
Texas Bob
My Organ Donor Tees

Heart Transplant performed Jan 28th 1991
Bob Heart Transplant Story

Happy2Bhere's Blog
SunshineGurl
Username: Flsunshinegurl

Post Number: 110
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 01:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

What a nice post Gregg!

Exercise is not for everyone, that's for sure. It just doesn't matter what the benefits are. That said, there is a certainly a right way to get any message across and sometimes that is difficult on the internet. You do it the right way, if you want my opinion that is!!!!

But, I have to say in reading YOUR exercise posts, I always start to cheer and sweat for YOU!!! I agree with Bob, they are fun to read!!! They never ever make me feel like you are putting me down for what my old bones are doing or not doing!!!!

Keep them coming, the more you work out the better I feel.....

Now, back to the recliner for my leg lifts, LOL
A friend is someone who reaches for your hand but touches your heart
Hostess Rise'
Board Administrator
Username: Rise

Post Number: 16454
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi Cisco

You are my mentor and I know I could never keep up with you but I will try LOL

Keep on going......You have a great attitude and many of us here love you so don't forget it.
CF- dx at 2yrs. 2nd double lung tx-05
My Photos on Transplant Friends

Happy2Bhere
Forum Leader
Username: Happy2bhere

Post Number: 4253
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

"Now, back to the recliner for my leg lifts, LOL" Me too !!

Ol' Bob

P.S. Just joking, Cisco.
Texas Bob
My Organ Donor Tees

Heart Transplant performed Jan 28th 1991
Bob Heart Transplant Story

Happy2Bhere's Blog
Hostess Rise'
Board Administrator
Username: Rise

Post Number: 16455
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Bob- you always make us smile and giggle.

I bet you can definitely get some good workouts on that ole recliner.

I have some funky ideas for working out ( I must say they are quite creative LOL)

aside from swimming, I do workout seriously.
CF- dx at 2yrs. 2nd double lung tx-05
My Photos on Transplant Friends
Meagan
Forum Leader
Username: Newheart14

Post Number: 1963
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Gregg,

You're an inspiration for all of us to try and do what we can. As you say, not all of us can do vigorous exercise as a lot of us have limitations or past injuries to deal with. I must say your posts have encouraged me to do what I can even when I can't.

Keep up the great work Gregg! You are not the one that needs to apologize and never apologize for a job well done.

@sunshine girl - you are too funny ..
Heart-Liver Transplant - February 14, 2008
TGH, Toronto
Cardiomyopathy 1991/CHF
Amy Tippins
Username: Amytippins

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 06:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Gregg, I fully support exercising post transplant....it has such a huge effect on recovery and the lifespan of the new organ. Any doctor will tell you that. Of course, you can't motivate those who do not want to be motivated and do everything that they can to take care of their organs within reason.
RockScar Love is where we celebrate the scars of new life! www.Rock Scar Love.com

A portion of sales credited to Transplant Buddies goes to COTA!
Kate/Jeremy's Mom
Username: Dixieluvinchik

Post Number: 286
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Cisco, Your exercise blog is very supportive! How supportive, You ask?I have walked to exercise for years, and I mow the yard with a push mower. When Jeremy died I stopped. Could not have cared less about walking, or mowing or much else.

Your fitness blog has inspired me to get up and start walking again. We have a great track in the park. I also got back in the yard, even thined out the lillies that I'd neglected for two and a half years.

Always remember, and never forget, "You pump us up!"
Kate/Jeremy's Mom
registered organ/ tissue donor

Jeremy donated Easter morning,4/12/2009

-"How can we not be organ/tissue donors?" -Jeremy D. 11/28/80 - 04/11/09
- Baton Rouge,LA. USA-

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Contact Us
Established 2000 © TransplantBuddies.org