Join Our Mailing List
Email:
Visit our blog  Find us on Google+  Find us on Pinterest  Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter

Safe Eggs
Log Out | Topics | Edit Profile
Forum Archive

Your biggest fear Log Out | Topics | Register | Edit Profile

TransplantBuddies.org Forums » Join our Facebook Community » Your biggest fear « Previous Next »
CiscoKidney07
Forum Leader
Username: Gregg

Post Number: 5364
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

You know, people have been asked over the years what their biggest fear was. Do you know what the number one biggest fear that people have? It is public speaking! Having said this, I get to go on Saturday and do a talk on orchids to as many as about 80 people. I should be okay as my material is short and pretty straight forward. Probably five to ten minutes. Other than rejection or other medical related issues, what is your biggest fear? Be honest.
If you are going through hell, keep going-Winston Churchill

Check out my daily fitness blog postings
Frank J.
Forum Leader
Username: Txaggie86

Post Number: 283
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I used to have a problem with public speaking until my job forced me to speak in front of groups. It took time, but it's not so much of a problem anymore.

I'm a bit of a germaphobe now that I have had my transplants. It seems my hands are never clean enough.
Frank Jones
Liver Transplants at Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA April 2005 and April 2006.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Rita
Forum Leader
Username: Rita

Post Number: 874
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Good Luck, but I am sure you dont need it. Everyone is going to oooo aaaaaa at your knowledge on orchids.
Rita
Kidney Transplant 9/95
New York Hospital, NY
Dr. Wang

Rita's Page on Transplant Friends- see her photos

Lessons of Hope, Love and Kindness blog
papillonbleu
Forum Leader
Username: Papillonbleu

Post Number: 2178
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I am a shy person so public speaking is still a fear for me. I remember times getting up in front of my French class to speak and my whole body would tremble and I would get dizzy and the only language spoken was the one buzzing in my head. I do think I am doing better about speaking with people on a more face to face level such as talking about my transplant if they notice my buttons. It helps to have something that one is passionate about to share and discuss as a motivator which is why I am sure you will do wonderfully, Cisco. Best of wishes.
Bobbiejo
Forum Leader-Multivisceral
dx: GERD 1995, gastroparesis 2002, pseudo-obstruction of the bowel 2004
multivisceral transplant, 6 organs, 10/06/05
University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Contact Us
Established 2000 © TransplantBuddies.org