Join Our Mailing List
Email:
Visit our blog  Find us on Google+  Find us on Pinterest  Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter

Safe Eggs
Log Out | Topics | Edit Profile
Forum Archive

Lessons of Hope, Love and Kindness. Log Out | Topics | Register | Edit Profile

TransplantBuddies.org Forums » Buddies Blogs » Lessons of Hope, Love and Kindness. « Previous Next »

Rita's Page on Transplant Friends- see her photos

http://transplantfriends.ning.com/profile/RitaGallagher

I am here because others have given me hope, love and kindness. I can never say I got to this point without the assistance and support of others. My life has been beautiful mosaic of tiles of experience put together by people who have taught me through love, pain, tears, joys and kindness. It is with gratitude that I offer this blog to the people and lessons they have taught me how to live the journey with love, kindness and hope. One memory that always comes back to me is in a song that I sang as a child that basically sums it all up "No man is an Island, No man walks alone". My hope is that through this blog I can pass along some of the wisdom I was taught and tried to integrate into my life. My hope is that you write back and share your wisdom so that we can all learn to live life with hope, love, kindness and a spoonful of forgiveness. Wishing you the best. Rita

Thread Original Poster Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread          

Rita
Forum Leader
Username: Rita

Post Number: 429
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I am here because others have given me hope, love and kindness. I can never say I got to this point without the assistance and support of others. My life has been beautiful mosaic of tiles of experience put together by people who have taught me through love, pain, tears, joys and kindness. It is with gratitude that I offer this blog to the people and lessons they have taught me how to live the journey with love, kindness and hope. One memory that always comes back to me is in a song that I sang as a child that basically sums it all up "No man is an Island, No man walks alone". My hope is that through this blog I can pass along some of the wisdom I was taught and tried to integrate into my life. My hope is that you write back and share your wisdom so that we can all learn to live life with hope, love, kindness and a spoonful of forgiveness. Wishing you the best. Rita
Rita
Kidney Transplant 9/95
New York Hospital, NY
Dr. Wang
Jack R
Username: Jack_r

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Nicely stated Rita. "never have so many owed so much to so few (Winston Churchill)" - have a nice day.
Cardiac history going back to 1993. Heart Transplant received in Oct. 2004. Interesting first year and have been very physically active ever since. I currently am pro-active with the SE Gift of Life and a member of Johns Hopkins patient administered Heart Transplant Foundation.
Rise
Board Administrator
Username: Rise

Post Number: 14871
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 03:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi Rita

Thank you so much for this beautiful idea for a blog. How unique!

If you would like your photo with bio up on this blog, let me know.
Cystic Fibrosis- dx at 2yrs. -2nd double lung tx-05
Jackson Memorial Hospital

Join Facebook

Questions- Contact Hostess Rise

My Photos on Transplant Friends

Rita
Forum Leader

Post Number: 439
Posted on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I was always told that I came from a good stock. I always thought that this meant I came from strong people who came before me. It is with the passing of time that we look at things differently. I now think of it like " soup" they lied the foundation or made the stock and what I have chosen through the years to add to that stock has added the flavor to the "soup" or stock.
Rita
Kidney Transplant 9/95
New York Hospital, NY
Dr. Wang

Rita
Forum Leader

Post Number: 440
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I think in my most difficult times in my life what carried me through was thee thought that tomorrow will be a better day. Hope,

On the days that I felt sorry for myself and was sitting in my own self pity, the kindness of other is what pulled me out of my own world. Kindness.

Love is what I always hope to give to others through kindness. Some days I am better at it than others days.
Rita
Kidney Transplant 9/95
New York Hospital, NY
Dr. Wang

Dottie Lessard
Forum Leader
Username: Dottie_lessard

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hi Rita,

I just wanted to say how much I truly enjoyed reading your posts. They are truly beautiful and i loved what you said about "your stock, your soup" It made me smile for the whole day....Thank You.

May you continue to add flavor to both for many, many years...

With appreciation and love,
Dottie
Dottie,
Author of "The Seven Letters That Saved My Life"
Coach, Athlete and Mom to Liam
Survivor of
Cystic Fibrosis, Double lung transplant 94, Kidney transplant, 02
www.dottielessard.com
WholeBodyWellbeing.com
ASK DOTTIE...
Rise
Board Administrator
Username: Rise

Post Number: 14930
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

Hello Rita,

Love this blog of yours. Kindness is word that is not use often. I am so happy to hear inspirational messages supporting your goal here.

Many blessings to you
love
Rise'

PS. Dottie has good taste.
Cystic Fibrosis- dx at 2yrs. -2nd double lung tx-05
Debra Fertel MD- Si Pham MD, Professor of Surgery---Jackson Memorial Hospital
Anas Hadeh MD, Cleveland Clinic Cystic Fibrosis Consultant

Join Facebook

Questions- Contact Hostess Rise

My Photos on Transplant Friends

Rita
Forum Leader

Post Number: 446
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 09:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post

I was raised by three women. All three women were sisters. Like all sisters they were alike in many ways, but Yet were so different in many ways. From each I learned about life.Each one of these women are the spirit that lives within me. All of them are gone now, but they live on through the lesson they taught me by loving example how to life this life with love, hope and kindness. They are the good stock I refer to in my earlier post. These three women were my stock or my soup!! They names were Rita ( my mother who died when I was 7), Frances ( the mother who raised me), Evelyn ( my mother who I never lived with but Loved me as her own). I devote this blog to these women who taught me how to live the lessons of love, hope and kindness. }
Rita
Kidney Transplant 9/95
New York Hospital, NY
Dr. Wang

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Contact Us
Established 2000 © TransplantBuddies.org