Post Number: 19
|Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 02:19 am: ||
its almost dec 7...I just received a transplant a year ago and I was wondering if i should change my plan to keep me covered... what medicare plan should i choose? what plan will cover tacrolimus?
|John C. |
Kidney Transplant December 2010
Post Number: 5168
|Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 10:24 am: ||
I would seriously consider consulting with someone on your transplant team that deals with monetary issues and is up to date on all the types of medicare plans. I talked to the social worker on my tx team.
Post Number: 16
|Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 09:13 pm: ||
Are you just now becoming eligible for Medicare? And do you have any type of commercial insurance through an employer? Medicare A and B are pretty standard. Medicare has been my primary insurance since my transplant in March, 2009. Medicare part B covers immunosuppressants at 80% if it is the primary insurance. I currently take Tacrolimus, Prednisone and Myfortic. All 3 have been covered at 80%. If you have a secondary insurance, they usually pick up the other 20%. I agree with Cisco--talk to your transplant center's social worker. They are truly the best source for answers. Good luck
Dialysis 2.2 years
Kidney/Pancreas Transplant 3/8/09
42 year FORMER diabetic....hooray!
Post Number: 140
|Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 04:27 pm: ||
December 7th is the deadline for a part D plan. You should do a search on medicare.gov search for plans inyour zip and call them and find out the price for your MOST COSTLY meds. Thats how to pick your pharmacy may be able to help. Its not to late!!!!!!!!!!!